The VHEC is engaged in a major Renewal Project that will significantly improve visitor experience and access to our collections.
The exhibition space will be closed during renovations until further notice.
While there will be no exhibition and no class visits to the Centre during renovations, most aspects of the Centre’s important work will continue uninterrupted.
Further details about the Renewal Project here.
- Symposia programs and Outreach Speakers will be scheduled as usual
- Classroom-based workshops facilitated by VHEC docents will be offered to schools
- Educational resources, including teacher's guides, discovery kits and classroom book sets, will continue to be available
- Commemorative programs, including the High Holidays Cemetery Service and the Kristallnacht Commemorative Lecture, will proceed
- Donations to the archives will continue to be accepted by appointment only
- The library will be closed during the Renewal Project period and outstanding loans are requested to be returned
- Tribute cards will continue to be sent to mark special occasions and condolences
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Jewish Community Foundation.
Please check back here, at the VHEC website, for ongoing updates on the Renewal Project, as well as any news affecting programs or meetings, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.264.0499 with any questions.